Chanelle & Tristan’s Wedding
Where do I start with this funky, fun wedding? At the beginning, I suppose. This seems fitting, considering that Chanelle and Tristan were the first couple to ever book with Oh Happy Day and I loved their vibe from the start! It rained most of the day on 30 April 2016 but this cool edgy couple took it all in their stride, smiling and laughing throughout the entire day, and even using cute umbrellas in their creative shoot.
Besides for the very obvious love that they share for one another, Chanelle and Tristan also have a heart for creative interpretation and fashion which came through so much on their wedding day – from the DIY pinwheels to the balloon garlands (all labours of love either made by Chan’s mom Lynette or by Chanelle herself) to Tristan’s super-cool choice of suit (you’re going to love these groom photos) and Chanelle’s birdcage veil and gorgeous vintage styled wedding gown.
Balloons played a significant role in the story of Tristan’s proposal and for this reason we made them a central theme of their wedding day as well. Working off a colour palette of navy and fuchsia pink with gold accents, we went ‘to town’ with the DIY centrepieces for the tables, alternating pink pinwheels with their much-loved giant white helium balloons.
It’s quite surreal to think that Chanelle and I worked on her wedding for nearly two years. We first met at a bridal fair and after one creative consult Tristan and Chanelle booked me on the spot. I remember thinking how incredible it felt to have a couple put so much faith in your services without seeing any previous work. That much trust is awesome! Thank you both so much for believing in me, and allowing me the privilege to reflect your beautiful love story.
Thank you also to the wonderful service providers who worked with us on this very happy day.
- Photography : Bright Girl
- Video : Heartistic Productions
- Dress : Hanrie Lues
- Stationery & Paper for Pinwheels : Ruby + Swallow
- Make-up : The Durban Make up Artist
- Hair : Amanda Moolman
- Décor hire & flowers : Enzo Willis of Bluff Function Hire & Décor
- Reception venue : The Waterfront Hotel & Spa
- Cake : Smith’s Bakeshop
- Cupcakes : Buttercup Designer Cupcakes
- Creative shoot : Churchill House
- Groom’s suit : The Tailor Shop
- Groom’s bowtie : H.I.S. Apparel
- Groom’s gold bowtie ring : Custom by Rollin Vintage
- Mini flower girl’s dress : T.B.L Couture